SECOND CALL FOR PAPERS
16th International Symposium on Fireworks (ISF)
Omagari, Daisen City, Akita Prefecture, Japan
April 24-29, 2017
PDF Download Click Here: 2nd Call for ISF submission Request
The International Symposium on Fireworks Society (ISFS) in collaboration with the Japan Host Committee /Local Organisation Committee (JHC/LOC) is organizing the 16th International Symposium on Fireworks (ISF). The ISF is recognized as the premier forum for the presentation of papers and the discussion of topics dealing with the safety, scientific, engineering, artistic, environmental, historical, and regulatory aspects of fireworks and other pyrotechnics associated with entertainment and celebration.
The theme of the 16th ISF is “Fireworks as an Educational Resource.” Papers concerned with the following traditional areas and reflecting the Educational Resource theme are encouraged:
• Chemistry, Physics, and Engineering of Fireworks and associated pyrotechnic devices
• Safety in the Manufacture and Use of Fireworks; Sensitivities and energy output of Fireworks compositions
• New Concepts, Techniques and Products for the Manufacture, Transportation and Storage of Fireworks
• Environmental issues with the use of Fireworks • Fireworks Regulations, Standards and Codes
• The Art and History of Fireworks and Fireworks as a Cultural Entity
Abstracts of approximately 200 words should be submitted by October 1, 2016, by e-mail to one of the following associate editors:
Japan: Mitsuru Arai: firstname.lastname@example.org
Europe: Christian Lohrer: email@example.com
China: Andrew Tang: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mexico and South America: Jorge Márquez: email@example.com
All other locations and for technical information:
Ettore Contestabile: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Roger Schneider: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Authors will be informed of acceptance of papers for the Symposium by November 15, 2016.
The completed manuscripts must be received by January 15, 2017 in order that they can be properly edited and compiled in time to be included in the printed and/or digital copies of the Proceedings.